Liquid is one of Australia’s leading digital agencies, specialising in helping solve some of the most complex social issues.
What will you be doing?
We are growing our Customer Insights Team and looking for an experienced customer insights researcher that loves getting their head around complicated issues and identifying compelling opportunities to join the team.
You’ll be leading discussions around customer trends, behaviours and needs and delivering thought provoking insights that shape strategies and innovations. Curiosity and a passion to create better are essential. You’re an explorer, translator, analyst, and communicator all rolled into one.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join the team here at Liquid? Read on.
- You will design and conduct research to identify key customer issues and validate and refine solutions.
- That includes producing high quality research artefacts, including proposals, reports, personas, and journey maps to bring research to life.
- You’re a whizz at analysing complex information, identifying actionable insights and writing insightful reports and briefing presentations.
- You’ll lead and facilitate human centred design processes such as co-design workshops.
- Collaborate with clients and Liquid project teams to develop and deliver the right co-design and research approaches for different projects.
- Continually look to develop innovative research practices and ways to share insights and build capacity for sustained change through skills uplift internally and in client organisations.
- We really need to emphasise the upstream nature of this role. Most of the time you won’t know the subject area, and no-one is going to give you a nicely packaged brief. It’s your job to head into the jungle and figure it out.
Skills and experience
This is a senior hire. We’re looking for 5-7+ years’ experience in customer insights research for digital products and services, ideally on complex issues.
Essential skills include:
- Research – including desktop, ethnographic, strategic CSAT and usability. Conducted on and offline.
- Stakeholder co-design workshops – design and facilitation
- Human Centred Design – and ability to use design thinking to influence change
- Analytical and problem solving
- Verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Presentation design
- Qualified Practising Market Researcher (QPMR) or equivalent
- Working with Children or Vulnerable Persons Check (or ability to get clearance)
If you think you have compelling transferable skills and experience, let us know—this is a difficult role to fill, so we’re willing to look laterally.
This is the kind of job where soft skills and personal qualities are super important. The kind of qualities and attributes we value are:
- Authentic. We have a no-bull culture, both internally and in our client relationships.
- Egoless. We value each other and treat each other with respect. We are quick to adopt each other’s ideas.
- Confident. We might be light on the ego, but we are heavy on the confidence. We need to lead each other and our clients, which means having courage and the willingness to tolerate a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Immersive. We go deep. We do the research, think from first principles, and believe the devil is in the detail. (At the same time, we avoid getting bogged down.)
- Technical. We value craft skills. Your craft skills should be excellent research, analysis and communication skills.
- Diverse. We enjoy and value differences of culture, experience, skill and perspective.
If you’re interested
If this sounds like the kind of job you’ve been looking for, send us a resume, a cover letter succinctly explaining why you’re interested in this job and a brief case study of a project you’ve delivered recently that demonstrates the required skills and experience.