Are you the go-to person when there’s a large complex digital project to be delivered? If you’ve got the track record and expertise to know how to deliver successful digital projects, we’d love to hear from you. Due to continued growth, Liquid is looking for Delivery Managers to join the team.
We are a digital experience agency that prides itself on solving complex problems and creating new opportunities. Sometimes that’s transforming how an organisation works and the services it delivers. Often, it's tackling difficult social challenges like mental health, aged care or education. Always, it’s as a trusted part of the client team.
We apply creative and technical expertise to produce digital products and strategic solutions, supported by reliability, consistency, and data-driven reporting valuable to our clients.
You can read more about our work on our website.
As a Delivery Manager you’ll apply knowledge and experience of digital transformation and agile project management to plan, manage and deliver major projects. You will need to show minimum 5+ years’ experience in managing large-scale complex projects in the Government setting. You will be familiar with IT systems and data models used in the Aged Care Industry, and have experience delivering projects using technologies such as GovCMS, Mulesoft, Siebel CRM, and Salesforce CRM.
As a Delivery Manager you have a technical focus and specialise in managing the development phase, where you work with the development and QA teams to build new experiences and products
You will also work in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team including product strategists, developers, designers, testers, data analysts, marketers, and other external stakeholders to produce digital experiences, products and strategic solutions that tackle complex problems.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the delivery function of projects, including taking accountability and responsibility for project outcomes and timelines.
- Lead and run project ceremonies, project planning and delivery management with both client and internal facing teams.
- Day to day communication with the project team, prioritising work and clearing blockers.
- Owning and managing product and sprint backlogs, including keeping tickets clear and up to date.
- Preparing and delivering artefacts such as risk logs, sprint plans, sprint reports, and release documentation.
- Supporting the team in the analysis and creation of project/product requirements.
- Managing project interdependencies and stakeholder negotiation and collaboration with team members.
- Consult with project managers and discipline leads to analyse project requirements and translate into suitable delivery systems and practices.
- Support, up-skill and empower the project management and production team on delivery systems and practices.
- Monitor the execution and effectiveness of delivery systems and practices across the organisation.
- Work with the business disciplines to find solutions to existing code, architecture, workflow and process problems.
To be successful you'll need:
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Understanding and experience in both Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to multitask and work on more than one project/client.
- Ability to work to timelines including deadlines, milestones and check-ins.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, specifically being able to listen, analyse and act on the needs of the development team and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- An adaptable and experimentation mindset with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated, recent experience leading working in Government delivery frameworks
- Demonstrated, recent experience leading GovCMS PaaS technical project(s)
- Demonstrated, recent experience managing large databases and CRM platforms (specifically SIEBEL CRM and Salesforce CRM) and understanding of how these translate to the application layer and the end user experience
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Experience working in complex environments, processes and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver government projects aligned to Digital Transformation Agency’s recommended service design and delivery process.
- Experience delivering products against WCAG Accessibility standards.
- Agile, Scrum, Lean or other Project Management certification
This is Liquid