Liquid Interactive is one of Australia’s most exciting independent digital experience agencies.
We are looking for someone who has a strong project management or consulting mindset and/ or experience working in consulting firms to join our Client Engagement team.
As a Senior Project Manager at Liquid Interactive, you will use your 2-5 years of prior project management, consulting or customer/digital agency experience to guide multi-disciplinary teams and own significant streams of work in large engagements to help our client's growth through digital and customer transformation.
About Liquid Interactive
We are a full stack digital agency that works primarily with Government, Education and Healthcare clients to develop digital solutions that solve complex user experience problems through human centered design. Recent examples of our work include the Federal Government’s My Aged Care and Head to Health platforms through strategy, design, build and operate phases, through to several strategic consulting engagements where we have developed Customer Experience and Digital Maturity frameworks. You can read more about our work on our website.
We assemble multi-disciplinary teams of experts, from customer researchers and product strategists to UI/UX designers, data analysts, developers, and testers, to guide our clients on their digital transformation journey.
As a Senior Project Manager in the Client Engagement team, you will apply your consulting experience and all-round skillset to be the ‘second expert’ across all disciplines.
If you are a planner, strategist, executor, translator, budgeter, and client advocate read on.
What will you be doing?
- You will build strong relationships with each of your key client contacts, becoming your client’s trusted advisor.
- You will be trusted to own and deliver significant stream(s) of work in large engagements by applying your project management skills in scoping, designing, planning, and implementing projects.
- You need to be able to work collaboratively and communicate with internal stakeholders – with the ultimate aim of successful project delivery.
- You will use data to drive insights and analytics, and shape recommendations for our clients.
- You will understand project management fundamentals and project economics.
- You will be capable of managing external partners and suppliers.
Skills and experience
You will have 2-5 years’ experience in a similar Project Manager or Consulting role, ideally in a leading consulting firm, digital/ design agency or within a public sector / industry equivalent.
Essential skills include:
- Client Service and Digital Project Management experience are essential.
- Ability to build and manage highly effective digital strategy and web production teams including creative, UI/UX, product and customer experience strategists, data analysts, development, and quality assurance.
- Bring strong structured problem solving, financial analysis and business process skills.
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodology is advantageous.
- Experience working with and/or in the Federal Government will be highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel interstate for work if required.
This is the kind of job where soft skills and personal qualities are super important. The kind of qualities and attributes we value are:
- Authentic. We have a no-bull culture, both internally and in our client relationships.
- Egoless. We value each other and treat each other with respect. We are quick to adopt each other’s ideas.
- Confident. We might be light on the ego, but we are heavy on the confidence. We need to lead each other and our clients, which means having courage and the willingness to tolerate a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Immersive. We go deep. We do the research, think from first principles, and believe in detail. (At the same time, we avoid getting bogged down and remain agile in our approach.)
- Technical. We value craft skills. Your craft skills should be expertise in delivering top quality projects efficiently.
- Diverse. We enjoy and value differences of culture, experience, skill and perspective.
If you are interested
If this sounds like the kind of job you have been looking for, send us a resume and a cover letter succinctly explaining why you are interested in this job and demonstrating the required skills and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants successful for an interview will be contacted.